Discover the benefits of EV charging stations for businesses in achieving sustainability goals. Learn how they can help reduce emissions, save costs, and demonstrate a commitment to sustainability.
Are you interested in purchasing an electric car but don't have a driveway to charge it at home? Don't worry - there are still plenty of options available to you. In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore the different ways you can charge your electric car without a driveway.
Option 1: Public Charging Stations
Public charging stations are one of the most convenient ways to charge your electric car. These can be found in a variety of locations, including parking garages, shopping centers, and even on public streets. Public charging stations are typically fast-charging and can provide up to 80% charge in as little as 30 minutes.
Option 2: Workplace Charging
If you have access to a workplace parking lot, your employer may offer charging stations for employees to use. This can be a convenient option if you spend a lot of time at work and can leave your car to charge during the day.
Option 3: Charging at a Friend or Family Member's House
If you have friends or family members who live nearby and have a driveway or garage, you may be able to charge your electric car at their home. This can be a convenient option if you visit them frequently or have a close relationship.
Option 4: Residential Charging Solutions
There are also a variety of residential charging solutions available that don't require a driveway. For example, you can install a charging station on a nearby street or use a retractable cable system to charge your car from the sidewalk.
Option 5: Portable Chargers
Finally, you can also use a portable charger to charge your electric car. These can be plugged into a regular wall outlet and can provide a slow but steady charge to your vehicle. The Webasto Go is a dual-voltage charger designed to charge at home or on the go, for a reliable charge anywhere you need it. Don't let the lack of a driveway stop you from enjoying the benefits of electric vehicle ownership!
Shop now and experience the convenience and reliability of the Webasto Go. A portable charger so you can charge your EV anytime and anywhere you need it.
- US Department of Energy - "Charging at Home" - https://www.energy.gov/eere/electricvehicles/charging-home
- ChargePoint - "Where to Charge Your Electric Car When You Don't Have a Garage" - https://www.chargepoint.com/blog/where-to-charge-your-electric-car-when-you-dont-have-a-garage/
- Plugless Power - "How to Charge Your Electric Car Without a Home Charger" - https://www.pluglesspower.com/blog/how-to-charge-your-electric-car-without-a-home-charger/
- Green Car Reports - "How to Charge Your Electric Car Away From Home" - https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1113617_how-to-charge-your-electric-car-away-from-home
- EVBox - "The Ultimate Guide to Public EV Charging" - https://evbox.com/en/resources/the-ultimate-guide-to-public-ev-charging
- ChargeHub - "Charging at Work: Workplace Charging Explained" - https://chargehub.com/en/how-to-charge-your-electric-car-at-workplace.html
- Electric Vehicle Association of Greater Washington DC - "Charging Your EV Without a Driveway" - https://www.evadc.org/charging-your-ev-without-a-driveway
- California Air Resources Board - "How to Charge Your Electric Vehicle Without a Home Charger" - https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/resources/fact-sheets/how-charge-your-electric-vehicle-without-home-charger